Sunday, August 29, 2010

Cattle Landing

We are off and running. We had our first service in Cattle Landing. We told people that we would start at 9:00. My family and I were there at 8:45 setting up chairs. At 9:00 I began looking and by 9:15 I was ready to go back to the states and beg a church to call me as Pastor. I was telling myself that we needed to go in and have a devotion with the family when Anita said, "Let's go sing." On the second verse of "Power in the Blood" they started showing up.
We started with 9 people not including my family. Anita and Blair taught the kids and I led in the singing and preached. When I finished I explained our purpose and the desire to start a church. I was about to close with prayer when two more people came in. Not wanting to end with them just getting there and I asked those present if they would mind if I preached again. They said no and off we went.
I know that getting them there is easy, it is keeping them that will be the hard part.
Cattle Landing has a interesting history. In 1868, Confederate soilders seeking asylum at the end of the Civil War settle here and started Sugar mills.
This week will working on the house, getting our passports renewed and preparing for next week.
Pray for us and take care

No comments:

Post a Comment